UV Water Sterilization
Chemical-free protection against water-borne pathogens such as bacteria, viruses & protozoa
Some Chinese residential complexes rely on ozone for water disinfection. This type of water treatment is problematic however, because ozonation provides no germicidal or disinfection to inhibit and prevent regrowth of these contaminants. To ensure that your water stays free of waterborne bacteria, viruses, and protozoa, Environment Assured recommends UV sterilization.
Ultraviolet (UV) sterilization is a highly effective way to neutralize microbes without the use of chemicals. The system protects against micro-organisms, bacteria and viruses by exposing water to a controlled rate of UV light waves. This deactivates the contaminants and ensures perfectly safe water – always.
Why UV Sterilization?
- More effective than chlorine at inactivating dangerous microbial contamination
- No chemicals or toxic residual by-products
- Does not change the taste, color, or odor of the water
- Fast-acting treatment, no water holding tanks needed
- Easy installation
- No storage or handling of chemicals
Environment Assured works with you to help select systems that fulfil your requirements and are also appropriate for local water conditions. We use the best-of-class proven technologies and materials to get your water the way you want it. Contact us for help selecting a UV system.
Featured Product: Viqua E4 UV Sterilization System
Viqua is the world leader in UV sterilization systems. With more than 40 years of experience providing chemical-free water treatment solutions, Viqua offers quality products with reliable performance. Their equipment also provides safe drinking water for the entire city of New York, Rotterdam, Tianjin, and most of Beijing and Shanghai.
The E4 model is suitable for high water flow applications such as villas with multiple appliances and bathrooms. Key highlights include:
- Highly effective. Destroys more than 99.99% of harmful viruses, bacteria and protozoa, including E. coli, Cryptosporidium, and Giardia.
- Better than chlorine. Doesn’t change the taste and odor of water or produce harmful by-products that are linked to the incidence of cancer.
- High flow system. Up to 83 liters per minute capacity.
- User friendly. Features countdown timer digital display and audible lamp change alert for easy maintenance.
- High-performance UV lamp. Rigorously tested to provide consistent output over the entire lamp life (9000 hours).
- Reliable. Stable UV lamp output, regardless of power fluctuations.
Dimensions: 76 cm * 10 cm
Shipping Weight: 5.9 kg
Power consumption: 83W
Max Flow Rate: 22 gallons per minute / 83 liters per minute
Rated capacity of UV light: 9000 hours